Shop & Establishment
Shops and Establishment Act in India requires every shop, commercial establishment, residential hotel, restaurant, eating house, theater, or other place of public amusement or entertainment requires a registration from the local body as per rules of each state. Every state has its own set of rules and procedures in this category.
As a business owner of a shop or a commercial establishment, you need to register under the Shops and Establishment Act by payment of fees and registration requires periodical renewals .
Procedure to Obtain Shop & Establishment
1. Submit an application in the prescribed form to the Inspector of the area within 30 days of starting any work in your shop/establishment.
The application is to be submitted along with the prescribed fees and should contain the following information:
- - Name as the employer and the name of a manager, if any;
- - Postal address of your establishment
- - Name of your establishment
- - Proof of address
2. Upon receiving the application for registration and the fees, the Inspector shall verify the accuracy and correctness of the application. Once suitably satisfied, he shall enter the details in the Register of Establishments and issue a registration certificate of your establishment to you. This certificate will be valid for 5 years and has to be renewed thereafter.