Deed of Adoption of a girl by an unmarried woman

This Deed is required when an unmarried woman is adopting a girl child from her natural mother. "Adoption is a legal process that creates a new, permanent parent-child relationship where one did not exist before. The adoption proceedings take place in court before a Judge. This Deed is required when an unmarried woman is adopting a girl child from her natural mother. Indian citizens who are Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, or Buddhists are allowed to formally adopt a child. Adoption is covered under the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act of 1956. Under this act, a single parent or married couples are not permitted to adopt more than one child of the same sex. Foreign citizens, NRIs, and those Indian nationals who are Muslims, Parsis, Christians or Jews are subject to the Guardian and Wards Act of 1890. Under this act, the adoptive parent is only the guardian of the child until she reaches 18 years of age. "

₹ 375.00


Can a guardian give a child in adoption?


In case the biological parents are suffering from legal disabilities or have passed away and the child is being taken care of by a guardian, then the permission of Court must be taken by the guardian to give away the child in adoption.


What are the types of Adoption?


a) Closed adoption: In this type of adoption, a child’s real parents and adoptive parents do not meet. The birthmothers give off their babies to an adoption agency. No further information other than the medical history of the birthmother is shared with the adoptive family.


b) Semi-open adoption: Birthmothers are given the option to choose potential adoptive parents.


c) Open adoption: Both the birthparents and adoptive parents share contact information about each other. Once the adoption process is complete, it is their personal choice, whether to be in touch with one another or not.


Is the spouse's consent required for adoption?


Yes. In case the spouse is ineligible to take a decision due to being of unsound mind, has renounced the world or has converted into another religion, the consent is not necessary.


Can an unmarried person adopt a child?


Yes. An unmarried, divorced or widowed adult of sound mind has the right to adopt a child.


Is Court's permission required for in-country adoption?


No. Court permission is not required in case of in-country adoption. This is because adoption is considered as a private act between biological and adoptive parents.


Who can give the child in adoption?


A parent can give the child in adoption; however the other parent's consent is important for that. In case the other parent has been declared by court to be of unsound mind, has converted into another religion or has renounced the world, such consent is not required. A widowed mother can also give her child in adoption.


What is adoption?


Adoption is a legal process which permanently gives parental rights to adoptive parents.


Can I adopt a child if I already have a child of the same gender?


No. If you already have a child, be it by blood or adoption, you are not allowed to adopt another child of the same gender.


Can I adopt a child of the opposite sex?


If you want to adopt a child of opposite sex than you, there must be a difference of at least 21 years between you and the child you want to adopt. The purpose of this provision is to protect the child against sexual abuse by the adoptive parent(s).




Fill in the blank spaces. Delete instructions highlighted in grey.

Fill in the blank spaces. Delete instructions highlighted in grey. E.g.. Name, address, date etc.






Add or delete a clause according to your needs.
Re-check the document.





Stamp Paper

The Stamp Duty value will be made available to you at your legaljini account on purchase of the document.


Stamp Duty Payment option 1

If you wish to print Agreement on Stamp Paper, you can buy from court/ Stamp office and said Stamp paper will be used as 1st page of Agreement. If you wish to have 2 copies of Agreement you should buy 2 Stamp Papers (one Stamp Paper for each copy)


Stamp Duty Payment option 2

If you have facility of franking for Stamp Duty payment at nearest bank, you need to print the Agreement & get franking done. If you wish to have 2 copies of Agreement you should frank 2 copies (one copy for each party)





Ledger Paper

The rest of the document must be printed on SINGLE SIDES OF A SHEET of Ledger Paper


Available at:

This Legal Size Green Paper is available at any stationery shop.





Printing on Legal Paper:



On Stamp Paper

The first page of the print should be taken on a Stamp paper of required value. Make sure to print only on the blank portion of the stamp paper. If you wish to know more about stamp papers, please contact our helpdesk.


On Ledger Paper

Rest of the document must be printed on SINGLE SIDES OF A SHEET of Ledger Paper.





Number of Copies Needed:

2 copies





Photographs & Signatures/ Thumb Impression & Initials:

The concerned parties shall put his mark or sign at the end of each and every page and also next to corrections/alterations made if any, in the physical presence of any two witnesses who can be friend, relative, neighbor, doctor etc. and at the final page two witnesses should also signed the Will of the said person as attesting witnesses.





Witness Attestation (Both Parties):

Must be attested by at least two known witnesses along with their recent passport size photographs.





Attached Documents:

The following documents need to be attached to this document:

1. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Central Adoption Resource Agency;
2. A birth certificate or affidavit of birth;
3. Evidence of abandonment to grant the custody order.





Registration/ Notary

Registration or Notary is mandatory for some documents. If you need clarification you may contact our Helpline at




You Need to Know:

Adoptive parents can’t be less than 30 or more than 55 years of age. Married couples must have a combined age of 90 or less. Single parents up to the age of 45 can adopt. Adoptive parents should be at least 21 years older than the child.




Please contact our Helpline if you have any difficulty.